Saturday 30 January 2016

No. 288. 'Remembering the good times.'

It is fast approaching midnight and what would have been Christopher's 58th birthday. I have tried not to feel melancholy about it, but I inevitably have.

This time of year is usually shopping for birthday cards and Valentine's cards for each other as our birthdays are very close, but I find myself rushing past the Valentine section in the shops, one of those little things that no longer apply in the literal sense.

I have however, bought Chris a birthday card and I picked up a little bunch of red roses for him and they will sit with his photographs and I shall light another candle for him. It is 21 weeks since he left us and although the tears don't flow as much and I am trying to get on with my life, I still miss him terribly and wish he was here with me every second of every day.

I shall remember Christopher on his birthday as the man he was before MND took hold of him. He was so much more than that awful disease and I will not allow it to taint all the lovely memories we had. 

I have just heard of another young man who has died from MND, it is always so sad. There seems to be glimmers of hope though on the cure front and though a cure might not come soon, the chance that there will be one day seems ever more possible.

I hope they serve you a whisky Mac up in heaven my darling, I shall raise a glass to you tomorrow.
I will love you and miss you always.xxxx